Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Cure

The Cure are putting a new album out this year! OK, I don't know if I should be excited. It's been about 20 years since Disintegration now, and their last album was their worst.

However, I did think Wish and Wild Mood Swings were very good albums, even though by then the general opinion seemed to be "the Cure are done for". I remember seeing them on VH1's "Where Are They Now" in the late 90s, which was one of the saddest moments of my life. They aren't done yet! They are still a great band!

I'm not expecting a masterpiece like Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, Disintegration, or The Head On The Door, but I'll give anything Robert Smith puts out a chance. He did get me through high school and several crappy relationships; I owe it to him!

If this new album and the new REM album are both disasters, I will be very depressed this year. And not that good depressed you get from listening to Disintegration.

No comments: