Friday, February 22, 2008

Coming Soon

Here's a couple of albums I'm looking forward to in the next six months:

Counting Crows - Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings (March 25): Am I the only one who misses this band? Am I the only one who thinks they could retap what made August & Everything After a great record? Probably. This album could also be a disaster.

Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple (April 8): Their first album was bursting with wild ideas; I'm sure they have plenty left. I was unimpressed by the first single though.

Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs (May 13): They did a few good albums, a masterpiece (Transatlanticism) and then one mediocre album (Plans). This one is a complete crap-shoot. We'll see.

My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges (June 10): This is the only album on the schedule that I am sure is going to be great. With this band, I can't envision a bad album, especially after listing to Z. I hope I didn't jinx this one.

I think that's about it right now. Have a good weekend!

No comments: