Wednesday, December 9, 2009

100 Greatest Albums Of The Decade (100-51)

I've done it. I've made a list. Call me obsessive, call me insane, but I compiled a list. I've sat in my apartment arguing with myself on whether or not the likes of Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake belong on this list (verdict: yes). I've sat in boring meetings at work thinking "do I really like Portishead's Third more than Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots? I've called each of the top five albums on this list my favorite album of the decade and then I've listened to each of them consecutively to compare. This is what I came up with. It isn't perfect, but I want to put it down before I change my mind.

I am going to breeze through the first 50 without explanation, but I'll write a little on each one as I get closer to the top.

Without further ado, the 100 Greatest Albums Of The Decade:

100. Sigur Ros - ()
99. Taylor Swift - Fearless
98. Shearwater - Rook
97. Nickel Creek - This Side
96. Richmond Fontaine - The Fitzgerald
95. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
94. Justin Timberlake - Future Sex/Love Sounds
93. Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People
92. Sleater-Kinney - The Woods
91. Miranda Lambert - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
90. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood
89. Silverchair - Young Modern
88. Gillian Welch - Time (The Revelator)
87. Patti Griffin - Children Running Through
86. Microphones - The Glow, pt. 2
85. Madvillian - Madvilliany
84. Jay-Z - Black Album
83. LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
82. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
81. Jenny Lewis - Rabbit Fur Coat
80. Bright Eyes - Lifted...
79. Joseph Arthur - Come To Where I'm From
78. Bruce Springsteen - The Rising
77. U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
76. N.E.R.D. - In Search Of...
75. Alejandro Escovado - Real Animal
74. The National - Alligator
73. Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies
72. M.I.A. - Kala
71. Postal Service - Give Up
70. Q-Tip - Kamaal The Abstract
69. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
68. White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
67. The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free
66. Deerhunter - Microcastle
65. Walkmen - Bows + Arrows
64. Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
63. Wilco - A Ghost Is Born
82. Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears
61. Spoon - Kill The Moonlight
60. Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy
59. Eels - Blinking Lights And Other Revelations
58. The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
57. Kanye West - College Dropout
56. Sigur Ros - Agaelis Byrjun
55. Vince Gill - These Days
54. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
53. The Dream - Love vs. Money
52. Opeth - Blackwater Park
51. Bruce Springsteen - Magic

No comments: